1. The best surprise ever would be a visit from any of my friends or family back home. I miss them all.
2. Summer Fridays with my mother are my most favorite memory. Fridays were her paydays, and we’d go out and run errands, have lunch, window shop and sometimes just drive around. She was always up for an adventure.
3. The hardest, but most worthwhile thing I’ve ever done was figuring out my own belief system. I spent most of my life surrounded by religion of one sort or another, and it took me a long time to be able to not just take what I was being handed and really look at things and figure out what I believed.
4. The best part of my day is around 9pm. That’s the time I turn off the TV, turn on the music and cuddle in bed with a book. This time of year, my windows are open so there’s a cool breeze blowing through. It’s pretty much the greatest.
5. Something I like that most people don’t is peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches! My first roommate got me hooked on them when I was around 19. People always look at me like I’m crazy, but I swear, they’re good.
6. Something I am willing to fight for is my kids. You mess with my kids, and I go into mama bear mode big time.
7. Something you might not know about me is that I have a crazy fear of flour. Not really a fear, I guess, but a serious aversion. Like, I can’t stand the way it feels, especially when it’s just all dusted on your hands. I actually just shuddered while typing that. It makes me all panicky.
xo – Heather.